E-MAIL: There's money out there everywhere, you just gotta grab it!

**************************
To: indiefilmguy@aol.com
From: cp@cpproductions.com

E-MAIL #1:

Hey hey!...great meeting you last week! so glad to get your message re: getting your feature project off the ground and into production! I'm sure i can help no problem. I was thinking of you last night, as a matter of fact. In the next 2 weeks I'm switching back over to film related projects. There's money out there everywhere...you just gotta grab it! TV season is almost done, then I've just got to wrap up this webisode project that I've been working on, and of course that cell phone game-show concept is in ongoing development. For me it's all about working in the future RIGHT NOW. I've made some tremendous contacts through friends. Meet [sic] with paramount guy last night, so we should meet, discuss some termsto [sic] get ready for when I go out.

This weekend is pretty much out, but Tuesday or wednesday works, I have a floating meeting those days, but I'll try to nail it down. Workin' workin' workin'....

-CP

************************
E-MAIL #2:

hey dude....thanks for sending the script. I did receive it and I have picked it up a few times, and got through about half of it. I've been working with a few people, and here's my thinking on selling a film. Script is important, but will get torn up in the process. Don't get me wrong....it's good to have one, but the pitch is what it is all about. I use a "boarded" technique, with cut outs of people and things to support the "15 cards" I carry with major plot points. Sort of half storyboards/half pop-up-book.

what do you think?

-C-to-the-P

************************
E-MAIL #3:

my man!....I didn't mean to give you the impression that I didn't like the script, I 'm dislesic [sic], so it's pretty difficult sometimes to digest reading. But I'm able to get to the guys who bankrolled the matrix (partied with their assists last weekend)...same guy sold youtube to google for billions. the guy who sold am-i-hot-or-not.com also owns the Pittsburgh Pirates and is one guy away from me. So if the project were currently in PITCHING FORM for me to pitch it, I could get it to these guys. So it goes! I also work with a group of dentists who look for under 5mil movies to make(they're very picky, but what dentist isn't?). So does this tell you where I'm at? MY Movie is still being written, (I'm not happy with the guys writing it). and I have some new camera equipment that must be developed before I can go out with it.

word up!

-CP

************************
E-MAIL #4:

hey Bro! things are good. So many meetings, so little time!

If I've not said it before....I think you've got a really great project here. The trailer you put together is top notch... music aside, and maybe a couple of soundbite & copy tweaks. A really saleable concept as is. And in my opinion some rewrites may be in order. Don't be afraid of voice-over.....when it's used right it really works.

Please see attached....this coverage person worked for Universal back in the day (by way of some smaller, very cutting edge companies). I value her opinion. I know....we didn't talk about getting coverage, but I thought I felt very similar and was unsure.....but when I read what she had to say, it was like she was reading my mind and suddenly I knew exactly what I thought. Let me know what you think of all this. And how to proceed.

-CP-3o!

************************

E-MAIL #5:

Dude! I hope all is well. I wanted to update you. I have a meeting with a Producer on Thursdsay [sic]. I have an outstanding meeting with Paramount to talk about your project. I can take a meeting with a big-time indy producer about your movie, if the other 2 fall through.

By the way, was my deal with you if I help finance, or sell your movie I recieve [sic] a ten percent commition [sic], a producer credit, and 10% back-end? (Of course the credit won't cost you any money!) I'm not sure we ever talked about this, and I forget.

-CP(rogess!)

************************

E-MAIL #6:

Hello out there!? Haven't heard from you in a while. I'm just emerging from a deal-making bender myself, so things are probably busy for you too. Or maybe you're onto those rewrites!? So many prospects on your project....once I really start telling people about it we'll be up and going in no time! Gimme a buzz and we'll grab a macchiato and chew the fat. I believe in you!

-CP

************************

E-MAIL #7:

Dude! For some reason the cell number I have for you stopped working. Still haven't heard from you, so update me when you can. Let's talk business. HOLLYWOOD!

-CP

No comments: