That's not how we did it at Burnett

by JEREMY MONTANA, EDITOR

Hey, nice to meet ya. I'm Jeremy, I'm cutting 202. Oh you're cutting 201? Nice. I was gonna do the premiere but they held me over at my last job so luckily they found you!

So have you done reality before, or where do you come from? Beauty and the Geek? Oh yeah that's that UPN show. Oh, CW...right. I really don't watch TV so I don't know what's on where.

So we each cut half of the show and our partner cuts the other half? No, it's no big deal, that's just not how we did it at Burnett.

Yeah, I just got done cutting Apprentice. We'd have like ten editors per episode. But I'm sure this way will work too.

By the way, where is the audio from the lav mics? Oh, it's not grouped with the multicam footage? Yeah, cuz at Burnett they group it all which makes it really easy.

So are you just doing this episode or are you doing another? I'm supposed to do 206 too, but I have a lot of pitches in the works right now, so if one of them gets picked up I might not be here for that. I just met with a bunch of people last week, let's see...Freemantle, NBC, Spike, CBS...was it CBS? I can't even remember now. Anyway, lots of interest.

Cool, well anyway, I'm gonna start looking at my stringout. Just holler if you need any help with anything.

No comments: