I know you're my boss, but you're a total bitch

by BRITTNEY WENTWORTH, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/COORDINATOR/ASSOCIATE PRODUCER

Thanks a lot for taking the time to meet with me today. I have a few concerns that I want to talk to you about. I know it’s only been a few weeks of us working together but I noticed some major tension yesterday and I want to clear it up.

When you asked me to send a PA on a run to deliver those tapes to the network, I didn’t appreciate your tone AT ALL. I found it condescending and downright rude. I can’t exactly tell you why I think that. And I also feel like you’ve been that way with me in the past, but I can’t remember any examples of where or when or how. I just KNOW that it happened and I don’t like being spoken to in that manner.

I mean, I’ve had five assistant jobs in the last three years so I know. I mean, I know I invited you over for dinner at my house; asked you to help me with my writing and resume; and set me up with those informational interviews but make no mistake. We are acquaintances. We were never friends. Let me repeat that, we were never friends. Sending a package out is beneath me. I mean, I know this is an assistant job, but I’ve been a PA on a movie before. And I can really be an associate producer. And my friend is an actress who hangs out with celebrities so I know this business. I mean, I am 24 and I totally get it.

So I’ve made a decision to not work for you anymore because I think that’s best. And please don’t talk about this with anyone, because I know I won’t because I NEVER gossip. I mean, I have a lot of friends in the office and a lot of them come to ME with their gossip, and I know I used to tell you a lot of confidential things, like what all the executives made, but I would NEVER gossip. I’m totally trustworthy.

I really wish you the best of luck. I’m going to get an AP position next because I think I’m TOTALLY ready. And then I’m going over into scripted. It’s gonna be awesome and I’m so excited.

Thanks again for taking the time.

No comments: