You want snacks? In POST?!

by ROB LARSON, LINE PRODUCER

Am I to understand that the post department has been asking for snacks in the kitchen? I assume the coffee machine is still working. And did you see the Diet Rite we had left over from the set? The sponsor must have given us like 50 cases of that stuff, so you can't already be out.

Plus, I just sent a PA out to get you all trail mix last week! I told them to pour it into a little styrofoam bowl for everyone to enjoy. Do I need to talk to them again?

Yes, when we're on the set we have a craft service table with every concievable snack you could think of. Of course we do. I mean where else do you really eat Nutella? Crepe stands and craft service tables.

But that's on the SET. We have to provide people with snacks on the set.

If there were no snacks available, all people would have to eat is the three catered meals a day we provide them. Be it lobster, filet mignon, or both -- that's all these people would be eating!

They don't have the luxury that you people in the office have to walk over to the bagel place, or even that smoothie shop that does the peanut butter and chocolate shake. Unless I've hired a smoothie company to come to the set -- which only happens a couple of times per shoot -- these people are just gonna have to go without a smoothie. Period.

They only wish they had the luxuries you people do!

Okay, okay look. It's not that I don't want to buy you guys food, but the budget is tight! Do you know how much money it cost to have the In-N-Out truck come to the last day of shooting? Or how much we're spending on the wrap party?

No, you're not invited to the wrap party, but you'll obviously be invited to the premiere party -- if we can afford to have one.

How about this? I'll send a PA -- out of my own pocket -- to go pick up one of those big snack packs of chips. They've got all the flavors in there. Barbeque, plain, Fritos. That way there's something for everyone.

And if you need more Diet Rite, let me know. There are still twelve cases in my office.

No comments: