Luckily for you, I'm an AP who used to be an editor

by AMY VAN NEWSOME, ASSOCIATE PRODUCER

Oh, hi are you one of my editors? Hi, I'm Amy and I'm your producer. Well, technically associate producer. But I mean, po-tay-to, po-tah-to, right?

Anyhoo, it's really nice to meet you and I'm super excited to have you working for me. You're really going to like our workflow because I used to be an editor like you. You see, I owned my own wedding video business. So I know all the lingo and shorthand.

For instance, while another producer might say "Go forward to the part with the gobdeleegook" I can say, "Scroll forward and trim 2 frames." How convien! Oh that's short for convient, by the way. Sometimes I just don't have time for full words. I LOVE to abbrev!

So let me see what you have cut so far... Oh, this is good. Wow, nice L-cut! I'd like to see any other producer that knows what an L-cut is.

Oh, and I liked that part too! Let me just go back and look at that. By the way, I have to warn you, I'm a grabber! Sometimes I just like to grab the mouse and do it myself, because as an accomplished editor, it's usually faster if I just do it myself than if I explain it to you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking down on editors. Like I said, I used to be one! It's just that I feel like I'm more suited to being in charge of the big picture. Which is why I jumped up to this AP position.

Why won't you open, bin? Hello binny binny binny! Why are you hiding?

Oh, I'm just talking to the computer. We all do that, don't we? Sometimes I'm just like "I'm gonna get you, whoa where do you think you're going?" when this darn computer doesn't want to cooperate!

Anyway, I've got to get back to surfing the net while you figure this mess out, but don't hesitate to call me if you need anything. But I'll be at lunch for the next two hours so call after that.

2 comments:

admin said...

I'm pretty sure I worked with this woman...

Anonymous said...

Touching a mouse ,(or trackball), without asking for permission, could lead to losing a hand...it's worse than snapping. You know what you can do with that L-cut as well... btw, do you know what it was called before Avid timelines...?