How about you stay late tonight because, even though I won’t be in tomorrow, I would love if you could have them done by tomorrow

by CECI McMILLON, LITERARY AGENT

9:17 am

Thanks so much for making these labels for me. A thousand labels doesn’t sound like much, but when you print them all out… Ohhhhh… It seems you’re working off the old list. There’s a revised one. You don’t have it? I must have forgotten to e-mail it to you. My bad! I’ll shoot it on over. It’s twice as long, but you already know the drill, right? So it should be easy this time! I’m gonna go for a walk cause its so beautiful outside. I’ll check back with you in an hour. Thanks.

10:14 am

Just checking up. Doesn’t look like you got very far. It took you a week last time to do the whole list? Ohhhh……I was hoping you could maybe have these done by 2pm. Okay, well just try as hard as you can. You’re doing a great job, by the way. So, I’m gonna close my door. If you need me, knock really hard so I can hear you over the television.

2:00 pm

Look at you Miss Speedy Gonzales. 2pm on the dot. All done. Thanks for working through lunch. Trust me, you should be glad you didn’t go down to the commissary. They were giving out free samples to promote their new lunch menu and I just stuffed myself. Let’s take a look at these things – Ohhhhh… You used the abbreviation CA for California. I wish I had caught that the first time through. If you could go in and spell out California on each one, that would really be great!

No, I didn’t need them done by 2. I just wanted them done by 2 so I could cross it off my list. Let’s compromise. How about you stay late tonight because, even though I won’t be in tomorrow, I would love if you could have them done by tomorrow. You’re the best!

No comments: